Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Excuse me while I ramble.

"How long?" Sohrab asked.
"I don't know.  A while."
Sohrab shrugged and smiled, wider this time.  "I don't mind. I can wait.  It's like the sour apples."
"Sour apples?"
"One time, when I was really little, I climbed a tree and ate the green, sour apples.  My stomach swelled and became hard like a drum, it hurt a lot.  Mother said that if I had just waited for the apples to ripen, I wouldn't have become sick.  So now, whenever I really want something, I try to remember what she said about sour apples."
-The Kite Runner


This song has been stuck in my head all day. I couldn't sleep last night so I just put my iPod on shuffle last night and finished reading the Kite Runner.  This song came on and for some reason, I just broke down crying.  I don't know why.  Maybe it was just the book I was reading.  Sometimes I just think too much.
I dunno.  But now it's stuck in my head.



School is about to start.  I've been ridiculously busy with getting ready and finding a job.  Looks like I'll be teaching art and basic American History.  Neither are official as they are extracurricular classes for little kids.  But still, it's what I want to do for the rest of my life.  So I'm pretty stoked to be able to get a feel for it now.


This semester is going to be pretty busy.  Though I still haven't worked out the kinks, this is roughly what my week will look like:


Monday: Class from 8am-2pm. Dance from 4-8
Tuesday: Work from 9am-3pm. Class from 6-9
Wednesday: Class from 8am-2pm. Dance from 3-5. Bible study at 7.
Thursday: Work from 9am-2pm. Dance at 7.
Friday: Class from 9am-12pm.
Saturday: Dance from 9am-12pm.


Not really sure why I'm blogging this.  More for myself really.  I guess I needed to see it all laid out.  But now that I really look at it, it's not that bad.  Yes, this is one of those "type whatever pops into my head" sort of posts.  I'll probably be doing that a lot now that I won't really have time for a daily photo journal.  Honestly, it can be easier to just ramble.


I don't really know why you people read this, but I'm probably killing whatever reason you have.  Oh well.


Also, while typing this, I got an email notifying me that one of my students has Asperger syndrome. I don't know why, but this makes me excited.  I'm not happy because of his condition. I guess I'm just happy that maybe I'll be able to make a difference in his life.  I don't know.


I guess I'm also excited because I feel like God is telling me something in this.  Recently, I was feeling discouraged regarding my future and what God is calling me to do.  I had a conversation with someone who has been teaching for a really long time and he was telling me how much the system is changing and that I need to be careful when going into this field because there is very little profit and very little chance of actually getting a job.


But after that conversation, a ton of different things happened that made me even more certain than before the conversation took place.  The Sunday following that conversation, my pastor was talking about the importance of children. The importance of teaching them and guiding them and not viewing them as nuisances, but examples of the kind of faith we should have.  I dunno.  It just seemed weird he'd talk about children and teaching right after that conversation.  Then later that week, I was offered a job with teaching and childcare.


I dunno.  Maybe I'm crazy, but I just feel like God is in it.  And I'm really stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment