Tuesday, July 19, 2011

St. Augustine

The first portion of our trip was spent in St. Augustine. 
That city is gorgeous.

I took a tour of Flagler College,  I visited Castillo de San Marcos and watched re-enactors fire cannons off the wall of the Spanish fort,  I toured the old jail that Henry Flagler built in 1891 to replace the jail that was located across the street from his hotel (which was later turned into Flagler College),  I went to a history museum, a pirate museum, and an alligator farm.  Although we went to a beach, it was pretty gloomy and I didn't like the sand. Not like PC beaches.  So, even though the college is super pretty...I'm still not sure it could beat going to school here in PC.  But maybe that's just me.  Also, a good friend of my big sister is currently attending Flagler so we met up with him one evening and had dinner.

It was all pretty cool. Especially the pirate museum.  Apparently, it's the largest collection of pirate artifacts in the world.













No comments:

Post a Comment