Friday, February 11, 2011

Chili.


My little brother has to go to some bonfire tonight.  He asked me to make chili.  I never realized until today that I have never made chili before.  I eat it all the time, but I have never personally made it.

So, here I am.  Trying to make my way through the world, a lost poor girl with no guidance as to where to go or what to do.

Alright, that may be slightly dramatic.  But f'real.  I have no idea what I'm doing with this pot of food.  Or, something.

I don't have a recipe, and being the stubborn independent person I am, I refuse to look one up.

Thus, my process of chili-making consists of scouring my cupboards for any item that looks like it may be spicy, any can that has a picture of a chili, or any jar with spanish words on it, and dumping it into a pot of hamburger meat and a jillion different types of beans.
....I think that's how you make chili?

We'll see how this thing turns out.  But on the bright side, if it sucks..I won't have to eat it.

I'll be babysitting and chillin' with some munchkins while we eat pizza and junk food.  (If you're a parent reading this and you're a health freak, don't approve of burping contests or running around like dinosaurs...I wouldn't consider hiring me to watch your kids.)

Anyway, in about an hour or so..I'll go taste this pot of stuff and decide if I'll end up making a decent wife, or if I'll end up killing all the kids at this bonfire.

I'll let you know how this adventure turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment